Forward Bloc critical of timing of Mahato`s arrest
Kolkata: Left Front partner Forward Bloc
on Saturday questioned the timing of the arrest of tribal leader
Chhatradhar Mahato, saying it could affect normalcy in the
state which is hard-pressed to maintain law and order during
Durga Puja festivities.
"I wonder whether his arrest at this time would help
normalise the situation. The state government should justify
the timing of the arrest at a time when there is a warning
from the Centre about a possible terrorist attack in the
state," party`s state general secretary Ashok Ghosh said.
Ghosh said that Mahato, who has been in open contact with
political leaders for sometime and was issuing statements
regularly, could have been arrested three months ago through
the same process as today.
"Every action has a reaction and the government should
justify the timing of the arrest of Mahato," he said.
He, however, parried questions on whether Mahato, who led
an agitation against alleged police atrocities since November,
last year in the Lalagarh area, was a Maoist and if his arrest
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA