Forward Bloc demands arrest of Naren De attackers
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 20:22
  
Kolkata: The Forward Bloc on Wednesday demanded the arrest of persons involved in the assault on former minister Naren De and alleging that the state government was trying to suppress the incident.

Forward Bloc secretary Ashok Ghosh said in a statement, "We demand that those who are involved in the assault should be immediately arrested. The state government is trying to cover up the case, which is condemnable." The Trinamool Congress has denied its involvement in the attack.

Industry minister Partha Chatterjee today told reporters that prima facie it had been learnt that no Trinamool Congress member was involved in the incident.

He, however, said, "The administration is inquiring into the matter and action will be taken against those involved."

He said that though the incident took place on December 8, no police complaint was filed on behalf of De on that day.

He said that a police diary was lodged on December 9, but De could not identify the attackers.

"If the names of the accused are not given in the complaint, then on what basis will it be done?" he wondered.

Chatterjee also alleged that lewd comments were passed by Left members during a rally of TMC women workers at Dhanikhali where the attack took place on Sunday.

He said an FIR was lodged by a TMC woman member over the lewd comments.

PTI

First Published: Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 20:22


comments powered by Disqus