Forward Bloc demands Chidambaram`s removal
Kolkata: Continuing pressure on the Centre over the letter issue, West Bengal`s ruling Left Front partner Forward Bloc on Wednesday demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh sack Home Minister P Chidambaram as he had crossed "all constitutional limits".
"The Union Cabinet headed by the Prime Minister must take the responsibility whether such a letter was written under its direction, otherwise he should be sacked," All India General Secretary, Forward Bloc, Debabrata Biswas told a press
"The Union Home Minister`s letter is deplorable in content, approach, language, mode of dispatch and leak to the media. He has crossed all constitutional limits," Biswas said.
Taking exception to the use of the word `harmad` in the letter, Biswas said "it is the same language continuously used by the Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee."
"We wonder whether the Union Home Minister has also
got credible reports about the Maoist-Trinamool joint
programmes in their political game against the Left leaders
and workers in West Bengal," he said.
Claiming that Chidambaram had "destroyed" the Centre-
state relations, Biswas said he would speak to CPI(M) General
Secretary Prakash Karat and CPI leader A B Bardhan for a
campaign to protest against Chidambaram`s letter.
Responding to a question, Biswas said his party wanted that there should be people`s resistance in villages in Maoist
-affected districts instead of solely depending on the police.
"They must protect themselves. Resistance groups
comprising villagers should be formed and armed with bows and arrows to counter the Maoists," Biswas said.
Asked whether the Left Front government was failing to
tackle Maoists, he said that there were some intelligence
failures and lapses in dealing with ultras in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them