Forward Bloc leader supports Katju`s comment on Mamata
Dhanbad: Forward Bloc general secretary Debabrato Biswas today said whatever Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju had said about West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, was `correct` and reflected the general perception of the people only.
Talking to newsmen here, Biswas said that Banerjee had not been able to come out of her mindset of a street fighter.
"Her style of work is autocratic and she does not believe in collective leadership. She does not believe in democracy," he said.
For Banerjee, there exists only the Chief Minister in the government and none else matters, Biswas remarks.
Speaking at the end of a two-day meeting of the national council of the Akhil Hind Agragami Kishan Sabha, the leader said in politics one should have patience to tolerate criticism, but her reply to Justice Katju`s comment did not behove a chief minister.
"Due to the autocratic style of her functioning, the freedom of speech in Bengal is in peril," he said, accusing Banerjee of not only betraying `Maa, Mati, Manus`, but also having "kept the then Governor of West Bengal in the dark over Singur land issue".
He said the Left Front had been punished for wrong tackling of Nandigram and Singur, and felt the people of West Bengal would now teach Banerjee a lesson.
He said there was no wrong in establishing floor coordination with the BJP on national issues in Parliament.
On November 25, PCI Chairman Justice (Retd) Markandey Katju had criticised Mamata Banerjee for being "intolerant" to criticism.
"People have right to criticise and if one is intolerant to criticism then he or she has no right to be in politics," Katju had said at Press Club in Kolkata while speaking at a programme organised by Kalidas-Galib Foundation to remember writer Sunil Gangopadhyay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan