Forward Bloc now demands publication of Dinhata firing report
Kolkata; Shifting from its earlier stand, the Forward Bloc today demanded publication of the enquiry report into the police firing on party activists that left five of them dead at Dinhata in Cooch Behar district in February 2008.
In an apparent bid to stem revolt in the party over the stand, Forward Bloc state secretary Ashok Ghosh said in a statement, "The non-publication of the enquiry report into the Dinhata incident has triggered a controversy. It was the Forward Bloc which demanded the enquiry. In the present circumstances, we demand the enquiry report be published."
Forward Bloc demanded publication of the enquiry report into the police firing on party activists that left five of them dead at Dinhata in Cooch Behar district in February 2008.
While the state government initially held a magisterial enquiry, it later ordered a judicial probe into the incident. Leader of the Opposition Partha Chatterjee recently visited Dinhata where he led demonstrations by his party to demand publication of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened