Forward Bloc now demands publication of Dinhata firing report
Kolkata; Shifting from its earlier stand, the Forward Bloc today demanded publication of the enquiry report into the police firing on party activists that left five of them dead at Dinhata in Cooch Behar district in February 2008.
In an apparent bid to stem revolt in the party over the stand, Forward Bloc state secretary Ashok Ghosh said in a statement, "The non-publication of the enquiry report into the Dinhata incident has triggered a controversy. It was the Forward Bloc which demanded the enquiry. In the present circumstances, we demand the enquiry report be published."
Forward Bloc demanded publication of the enquiry report into the police firing on party activists that left five of them dead at Dinhata in Cooch Behar district in February 2008.
While the state government initially held a magisterial enquiry, it later ordered a judicial probe into the incident. Leader of the Opposition Partha Chatterjee recently visited Dinhata where he led demonstrations by his party to demand publication of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket