Forward Bloc protests Netaji`s death date
Kolkata: The All India Forward Bloc on Friday
held demonstrations at different places in the state against
a booklet published by the Lok Sabha Secretariat that
mentioned Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose died on August 18, 1945.
"The Lok Sabha Secretariat has committed the unpardonable
error of stating that Netaji died on August 18, 1945," AIFB
state secretary Ashok Ghosh told reporters here.
"There is no record of what happened to Netaji after his
alleged disappearance in the same year," he said.
"We also demand that the Justice (retd) Manoj Mukherjee
Commission report on Netaji`s disappearance be adopted by the
Parliament," the veteran leader, who participated in freedom
movement under the stewardship of Bose, said.
The AIFB also demanded declaration of Netaji`s birthday on
January 23 as `Deshprem Divas` (Patriotism Day).
Ghosh claimed that "over 50,000 people participated in
programme", of which around half were at AIFB stronghold of
Dinhata in Cooch Behar district of North Bengal.
He said that protests on the same issue would be held in
Kolkata and adjoining districts of Hooghly, Howrah, South and
North 24 Parganas on November 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer