Four arrested for trying to sell fake Tagore Nobel
Kolkata: Four persons were arrested for trying to sell fake Nobel medallion of Rabindranath Tagore, the police said on Saturday.
The accused were arrested from Bhawanipore area of Kolkata yesterday for trying to deceive people by trying to sell fake Nobel medallion of Rabindranath Tagore, Murlidhar, DC (South) Murlidhar said.
"Those who were arrested are impostors and cheat innocent people. We have verified that it is fake medallion," he said.
The Nobel medallion of Rabindranath Tagore was stolen from Rabindra Bhavan Museum of Santiniketan in Birbhum district in 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters