Four babies die in Malda Medical College Hospital
Malda (WB): Four new-born children died in Malda Medical College and Hospital here in this district headquarter town of Malda district.
Vice-principal of the medical college M A Rashid said the babies died since last night of broncho-pneumonia.
While two died in the Sick Neo-natal Care Unit, the other two died in general bed, he said.
Asked about complaints by parents that room heaters were not working, Rashid said that was because of prolonged power cut.
The Medical College and Hospital has been in news in recent past for frequent crib deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city