Four charred to death in West Midnapore
Midnapore: Four members of a family, including two children, were burnt to death and seven others seriously injured when their house caught fire at Bagagara village in West Midnapore district in the wee hours on Wednesday.
Rahima Bibi (30), her one-year-old son, Mithu Ali (28) and her 6-month-old baby were burnt to death when they were sleeping in their thatched house.
Seven other family suffered serious burn injuries and they were admitted to the Midnapore district hospital in a critical condition.
Police said they were investigating a complaint of the villagers that Taher Ali, son-in-law of the family, had set the house on fire as he was not allowed to marry his wife Rahima Bibi`s sister.
Taher, who had come to the houses yesterday, has been absconding since morning, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India