Four charred to death in West Midnapore
Midnapore: Four members of a family, including two children, were burnt to death and seven others seriously injured when their house caught fire at Bagagara village in West Midnapore district in the wee hours on Wednesday.
Rahima Bibi (30), her one-year-old son, Mithu Ali (28) and her 6-month-old baby were burnt to death when they were sleeping in their thatched house.
Seven other family suffered serious burn injuries and they were admitted to the Midnapore district hospital in a critical condition.
Police said they were investigating a complaint of the villagers that Taher Ali, son-in-law of the family, had set the house on fire as he was not allowed to marry his wife Rahima Bibi`s sister.
Taher, who had come to the houses yesterday, has been absconding since morning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy