Four charred to death in West Midnapore
Midnapore: Four members of a family, including two children, were burnt to death and seven others seriously injured when their house caught fire at Bagagara village in West Midnapore district in the wee hours on Wednesday.
Rahima Bibi (30), her one-year-old son, Mithu Ali (28) and her 6-month-old baby were burnt to death when they were sleeping in their thatched house.
Seven other family suffered serious burn injuries and they were admitted to the Midnapore district hospital in a critical condition.
Police said they were investigating a complaint of the villagers that Taher Ali, son-in-law of the family, had set the house on fire as he was not allowed to marry his wife Rahima Bibi`s sister.
Taher, who had come to the houses yesterday, has been absconding since morning, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing