Four Congress workers shot at in West Bengal
Canning: Four Congress supporters were shot at and injured allegedly by Trinamool Congress workers over a monetary dispute at a village in South 24-Parganas
district on Thursday.
Police said the Congress workers-- Robin Sardar, Palash Sardar, Basudeb Sardar and Sudhangshu Sardar-- were admitted to a hospital and their condition is now stated to be stable.
The four were allegedly shot at after an altercation broke out between them and the TMC workers regarding payment in connection with the construction of a pandal for a TMC rally in Andharia village.
The four Congress workers have lodged an FIR against TMC workers Uttam Nayek, Sarit Mollah, Anil Sardar, Duranta Sardar and Mritunjay Sardar.
Saibal Lahiri, Trinamool Congress president of Baruipur sub-division, however denied his party had any link with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'