Four Congress workers shot at in West Bengal
Canning: Four Congress supporters were shot at and injured allegedly by Trinamool Congress workers over a monetary dispute at a village in South 24-Parganas
district on Thursday.
Police said the Congress workers-- Robin Sardar, Palash Sardar, Basudeb Sardar and Sudhangshu Sardar-- were admitted to a hospital and their condition is now stated to be stable.
The four were allegedly shot at after an altercation broke out between them and the TMC workers regarding payment in connection with the construction of a pandal for a TMC rally in Andharia village.
The four Congress workers have lodged an FIR against TMC workers Uttam Nayek, Sarit Mollah, Anil Sardar, Duranta Sardar and Mritunjay Sardar.
Saibal Lahiri, Trinamool Congress president of Baruipur sub-division, however denied his party had any link with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them