Four Congress workers shot at in West Bengal
Canning: Four Congress supporters were shot at and injured allegedly by Trinamool Congress workers over a monetary dispute at a village in South 24-Parganas
district on Thursday.
Police said the Congress workers-- Robin Sardar, Palash Sardar, Basudeb Sardar and Sudhangshu Sardar-- were admitted to a hospital and their condition is now stated to be stable.
The four were allegedly shot at after an altercation broke out between them and the TMC workers regarding payment in connection with the construction of a pandal for a TMC rally in Andharia village.
The four Congress workers have lodged an FIR against TMC workers Uttam Nayek, Sarit Mollah, Anil Sardar, Duranta Sardar and Mritunjay Sardar.
Saibal Lahiri, Trinamool Congress president of Baruipur sub-division, however denied his party had any link with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui