Four Congress workers shot at in West Bengal
Canning: Four Congress supporters were shot at and injured allegedly by Trinamool Congress workers over a monetary dispute at a village in South 24-Parganas
district on Thursday.
Police said the Congress workers-- Robin Sardar, Palash Sardar, Basudeb Sardar and Sudhangshu Sardar-- were admitted to a hospital and their condition is now stated to be stable.
The four were allegedly shot at after an altercation broke out between them and the TMC workers regarding payment in connection with the construction of a pandal for a TMC rally in Andharia village.
The four Congress workers have lodged an FIR against TMC workers Uttam Nayek, Sarit Mollah, Anil Sardar, Duranta Sardar and Mritunjay Sardar.
Saibal Lahiri, Trinamool Congress president of Baruipur sub-division, however denied his party had any link with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged