Four detained for conspiracy to torch Writers` Buildings
Kolkata: Four persons were detained for alleged conspiracy to burn down the heritage Writers` Buildings here, the West Bengal state secretariat undergoing major renovation.
"Prima facie it is suspected to be a conspiracy. Four persons mostly government employees have been detained and they are being interrogated," Home Secretary Basudeb Banerjee told reporters here.
He said that fingerprint experts were also being requisitioned as part of the investigation.
An alarm was raised by a police constable yesterday after finding files and books doused with kerosene lying in the Home Department`s publication office on the G-block of the building`s top floor.
The state secretariat had moved out across the river to `Nabanna`, a 15 story building in neighbouring Howrah district following renovation of the Writers` Buildings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30