Four drown as car falls into Teesta in Bengal
Siliguri: Four people drowned when the car they were travelling in fell into the Teesta river in West Bengal`s Darjeeling district Wednesday.
The four, two of them women, drowned when the driver - who was among the dead - lost control of the vehicle at Sevok Kalibari in the Kurseong sub-division, 22 km from here.
The car went off the road and fell 60 feet into the Teesta, said police officer Chandra Bahadur Subba.
He said local youth fished out the bodies after carrying out a search operation with rafting boats.
Search is on to find if anyone else had drowned or survived the accident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times