Four injured in SFI-TCP clash in WB
Howrah (WB): Four persons were injured in a clash between supporters of SFI and Trinamool Chhatro Parishad at Uluberia College in Howrah district on Tuesday.
Police said the clash broke out over filing of nomination papers for the ensuing students` union election and three of the four injured were in serious condition.
SFI members later blocked the nearby road crossing crippling traffic movement to Shyampur, Bagnan, Attanogate areas alleging the TCP carried on unprovoked attacks on them as CPIM) student wing members were collecting nomination papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title