Four injured in SFI-TCP clash in WB
Howrah (WB): Four persons were injured in a clash between supporters of SFI and Trinamool Chhatro Parishad at Uluberia College in Howrah district on Tuesday.
Police said the clash broke out over filing of nomination papers for the ensuing students` union election and three of the four injured were in serious condition.
SFI members later blocked the nearby road crossing crippling traffic movement to Shyampur, Bagnan, Attanogate areas alleging the TCP carried on unprovoked attacks on them as CPIM) student wing members were collecting nomination papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves