Four killed, 40 injured as van overturns in WB
Malda (WB): Four persons were killed and 40 others injured, 12 of them critically, when their van overturned at Mongalbari on NH 34 in Malda district on Wednesday.
The mishap took place when some residents of Pakuahat`s Mallipara village were returning after a cremation, police said.
While one person died on the spot, three others succumbed to injuries in the hospital, they said.
The injured have been admitted to Malda Medical College Hospital, they said, adding the condition of 12 of the injured was critical.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know