Four killed in lightning in Malda district
Malda: Four persons were killed and an equal number injured when lightning struck them at different places in Malda district during rains on Thursday.
Two students of a Madrassa were killed and around four others were injured at Chandipur village in the district when lightning struck them when they went to the fields near the Madrassa, police said.
The two children were in the age group of 6-8.
A labourer working in the fields was killed as lightning struck him at Bamongola under Malda Sadar sub-division.
A man was killed at Bhagwanpur under Chachol sub-division of the district when lightning struck him while he was taking his cows for grazing, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lightning strikes German football pitch, 35 hurt, 3 seriously
- People's faith in our work renewed our vigour: PM Modi at India Gate
- IPL 2016: Virat Kohli praises rival captain David Warner, predicts tough final against Sunrisers Hyderabad
- OnePlus to open service centres in India, guarantees 1 hour turnaround time
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test: Chris Woakes, Moeen Ali pile pressure on visitors on Day 2