Four killed in lightning in Malda district
Malda: Four persons were killed and an equal number injured when lightning struck them at different places in Malda district during rains on Thursday.
Two students of a Madrassa were killed and around four others were injured at Chandipur village in the district when lightning struck them when they went to the fields near the Madrassa, police said.
The two children were in the age group of 6-8.
A labourer working in the fields was killed as lightning struck him at Bamongola under Malda Sadar sub-division.
A man was killed at Bhagwanpur under Chachol sub-division of the district when lightning struck him while he was taking his cows for grazing, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi