Four killed in lightning in Malda district
Malda: Four persons were killed and an equal number injured when lightning struck them at different places in Malda district during rains Thursday.
Two students of a Madrassa were killed and around four others were injured at Chandipur village in the district when lightning struck them when they went to the fields near the Madrassa, police said.
The two children were in the age group of 6-8.
A labourer working in the fields was killed as lightning struck him at Bamongola under Malda Sadar sub-division.
A man was killed at Bhagwanpur under Chachol sub-division of the district when lightning struck him while he was taking his cows for grazing, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof