Four sent to judicial custody in CPI-M MLA killing
Burdwan: A local court here Thursday sent
the four persons arrested in connection with the attack and
killing of two senior CPI-M leaders to 14 days judicial custody.
Bhaskar Majumdar, acting Chief Judicial Magistrate, sent
the accused - Choton Chakraborty, Patit Paban Tah, Surajit Tah
and Gupin Mondal - to jail custody till 6 March.
The four accused were Trinamool Congress supporters, the
They allegedly attacked Pradip Tah, a former CPI-M MLA
and Kamal Gayen, a party district committee member, yesterday
at Dewandighi area in Burdwan town.
Gayen was rushed to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital
where he died and Tah died of his injuries en route to a
hospital in Kolkata.
CPI-M has called a 12-hour bandh in Burdwan district
today to protest the killing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video