Four sent to judicial custody in CPI-M MLA killing
Burdwan: A local court here Thursday sent
the four persons arrested in connection with the attack and
killing of two senior CPI-M leaders to 14 days judicial custody.
Bhaskar Majumdar, acting Chief Judicial Magistrate, sent
the accused - Choton Chakraborty, Patit Paban Tah, Surajit Tah
and Gupin Mondal - to jail custody till 6 March.
The four accused were Trinamool Congress supporters, the
They allegedly attacked Pradip Tah, a former CPI-M MLA
and Kamal Gayen, a party district committee member, yesterday
at Dewandighi area in Burdwan town.
Gayen was rushed to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital
where he died and Tah died of his injuries en route to a
hospital in Kolkata.
CPI-M has called a 12-hour bandh in Burdwan district
today to protest the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH