Four sent to judicial custody in CPI-M MLA killing
Burdwan: A local court here Thursday sent
the four persons arrested in connection with the attack and
killing of two senior CPI-M leaders to 14 days judicial custody.
Bhaskar Majumdar, acting Chief Judicial Magistrate, sent
the accused - Choton Chakraborty, Patit Paban Tah, Surajit Tah
and Gupin Mondal - to jail custody till 6 March.
The four accused were Trinamool Congress supporters, the
They allegedly attacked Pradip Tah, a former CPI-M MLA
and Kamal Gayen, a party district committee member, yesterday
at Dewandighi area in Burdwan town.
Gayen was rushed to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital
where he died and Tah died of his injuries en route to a
hospital in Kolkata.
CPI-M has called a 12-hour bandh in Burdwan district
today to protest the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam