Four sent to judicial custody in CPI-M MLA killing
Burdwan: A local court here Thursday sent
the four persons arrested in connection with the attack and
killing of two senior CPI-M leaders to 14 days judicial custody.
Bhaskar Majumdar, acting Chief Judicial Magistrate, sent
the accused - Choton Chakraborty, Patit Paban Tah, Surajit Tah
and Gupin Mondal - to jail custody till 6 March.
The four accused were Trinamool Congress supporters, the
They allegedly attacked Pradip Tah, a former CPI-M MLA
and Kamal Gayen, a party district committee member, yesterday
at Dewandighi area in Burdwan town.
Gayen was rushed to Burdwan Medical College and Hospital
where he died and Tah died of his injuries en route to a
hospital in Kolkata.
CPI-M has called a 12-hour bandh in Burdwan district
today to protest the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- CBI likely to grill ex-Haryana CM Hooda in HUDA land scam
- High alert across LoC after terror attacks in Srinagar, manhunt on for Hizb-ul-Mujahideen militants
- ISRO's RLV-TD launch: Why it matters to India!
- Meet Priyanka Chopra's 'woman crush'! You will love her for sure
- Watch – 'Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes straight'