Fourteen passengers injured in bomb explosion in WB
Berhampore: Fourteen persons were injured when bombs exploded in a private bus at Basudebpur on the National Highway 34 in Murshidabad district on Saturday, police said.
The bombs kept in a bag under the rear seat exploded when a passenger accidentally stepped on it when the driver applied the brakes to avoid a lorry, they said.
The condition of nine of the injured at Jangipur hospital was stated to be serious. The remaining passengers were admitted to other hospitals.
The bus was going from Shamshergunj to Chanchol in neighbouring Malda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte says Southeast Asia will insist China respects sea ruling
- PC shipment grew 7.2% in Q2 2016, HP leads: IDC
- Army asks police to find if drones being flown in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination