Fourteen passengers injured in bomb explosion in WB
Berhampore: Fourteen persons were injured when bombs exploded in a private bus at Basudebpur on the National Highway 34 in Murshidabad district on Saturday, police said.
The bombs kept in a bag under the rear seat exploded when a passenger accidentally stepped on it when the driver applied the brakes to avoid a lorry, they said.
The condition of nine of the injured at Jangipur hospital was stated to be serious. The remaining passengers were admitted to other hospitals.
The bus was going from Shamshergunj to Chanchol in neighbouring Malda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi