Fourteen passengers injured in bomb explosion in WB
Berhampore: Fourteen persons were injured when bombs exploded in a private bus at Basudebpur on the National Highway 34 in Murshidabad district on Saturday, police said.
The bombs kept in a bag under the rear seat exploded when a passenger accidentally stepped on it when the driver applied the brakes to avoid a lorry, they said.
The condition of nine of the injured at Jangipur hospital was stated to be serious. The remaining passengers were admitted to other hospitals.
The bus was going from Shamshergunj to Chanchol in neighbouring Malda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- GST listing in Rajya Sabha likely this week, Arun Jaitley to meet state FMs
- Sleep apnea patients at glaucoma risk
- Unbelievable! Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' shatters Box Office, earns Rs 250 crore in India on Day 1?
- Audience don't judge stars with box office numbers: John Abraham
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone