Fourteen passengers injured in bomb explosion in WB
Berhampore: Fourteen persons were injured when bombs exploded in a private bus at Basudebpur on the National Highway 34 in Murshidabad district on Saturday, police said.
The bombs kept in a bag under the rear seat exploded when a passenger accidentally stepped on it when the driver applied the brakes to avoid a lorry, they said.
The condition of nine of the injured at Jangipur hospital was stated to be serious. The remaining passengers were admitted to other hospitals.
The bus was going from Shamshergunj to Chanchol in neighbouring Malda district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested