French woman`s molestation: Main accused sent to police custody
Kolkata: The prime accused in the alleged molestation of a French woman in the city`s posh Jodhpur Park area has been sent to police custody by a court here on Sunday, police said.
Manoj Haldar, the main accused in the alleged molestation of the woman who was accompanied by a male companion, was arrested yesterday and produced before the court which remanded him in police custody.
Five persons have been arrested in connection with the July 14 incident.
The incident took place in the wee hours of July 14 when the French couple, residing at Jodhpur Park, were allegedly chased by a few youths, who also passed lewd comments while they were returning home.
The male companion of the French woman protested following which he was assaulted and the youths allegedly molested the lady.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt