French woman`s molestation: Main accused sent to police custody
Kolkata: The prime accused in the alleged molestation of a French woman in the city`s posh Jodhpur Park area has been sent to police custody by a court here on Sunday, police said.
Manoj Haldar, the main accused in the alleged molestation of the woman who was accompanied by a male companion, was arrested yesterday and produced before the court which remanded him in police custody.
Five persons have been arrested in connection with the July 14 incident.
The incident took place in the wee hours of July 14 when the French couple, residing at Jodhpur Park, were allegedly chased by a few youths, who also passed lewd comments while they were returning home.
The male companion of the French woman protested following which he was assaulted and the youths allegedly molested the lady.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals