French woman`s molestation: Main accused sent to police custody
Kolkata: The prime accused in the alleged molestation of a French woman in the city`s posh Jodhpur Park area has been sent to police custody by a court here on Sunday, police said.
Manoj Haldar, the main accused in the alleged molestation of the woman who was accompanied by a male companion, was arrested yesterday and produced before the court which remanded him in police custody.
Five persons have been arrested in connection with the July 14 incident.
The incident took place in the wee hours of July 14 when the French couple, residing at Jodhpur Park, were allegedly chased by a few youths, who also passed lewd comments while they were returning home.
The male companion of the French woman protested following which he was assaulted and the youths allegedly molested the lady.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information