French woman`s molestation: Main accused sent to police custody
Kolkata: The prime accused in the alleged molestation of a French woman in the city`s posh Jodhpur Park area has been sent to police custody by a court here on Sunday, police said.
Manoj Haldar, the main accused in the alleged molestation of the woman who was accompanied by a male companion, was arrested yesterday and produced before the court which remanded him in police custody.
Five persons have been arrested in connection with the July 14 incident.
The incident took place in the wee hours of July 14 when the French couple, residing at Jodhpur Park, were allegedly chased by a few youths, who also passed lewd comments while they were returning home.
The male companion of the French woman protested following which he was assaulted and the youths allegedly molested the lady.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?