Gandhi Jayanti celebrated in WB
Kolkata: Gandhi Jayanti was marked across West Bengal with Governor M K Narayanan offering floral tributes and attending an all-faith prayer at Barrackpore Gandhighat in North 24 Parganas district Tuesday.
The Governor also garlanded a statue of Gandhi on the Maidan.
Bapu`s portrait was galanded at the Writers` Buildings, the state secretariat.
The day was also celebrated at the WBPCC headquarter at Bidhan Bhavan and by the All-India Minority Forum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal