Gang-rape victim`s family members provided police security
Kolkata: The family members of the gang-rape victim in West Bengal`s Birbhum district has been provided police protection, a senior police official said on Sunday.
"Yes, we have provided police protection to all family members of the victim. The victim, who is now in a hospital, has also been provided protection. We are looking after all security concerns regarding the investigation of the case," additional SP Prasanta Chowdhury told.
The 20-year-old girl was gang-raped on the order of a kangaroo court when she expressed her inability to pay the Rs 50,000 fine demanded of her for falling in love with a man from outside the community.
The police has taken three of the 13 accused, who are presently in police custody, to the crime spot to reconstruct the crime at Labhpur village sometime after they were taken in police custody by the court on Friday.
A police picket has also been put up in the village to prevent tampering of evidence and intimidation of witnesses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!