Gas leak: Two women dead as poisonous gas leaks in West Bengal's Asansol
West Bengal: Two women were killed and 50 others affected, 12 of them seriously, when gas leaked from a cyclinder in a welding workshop in West Bengal's Burdwan district on Tuesday.
The incident happened in Asansol under Gopalpur police station when ammunium sulphate gas leaked from the cylinder, Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissioner Vineet Goel said.
The deceased were identified as Satya Bala Das (80) and Ujjala Das (78).
Among those affected by the gas leak is a child. The poisonous gas spread to an area stretching to more than two kms, Goel said.
The district administration has ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’