Gas leak: Two women dead as poisonous gas leaks in West Bengal's Asansol
West Bengal: Two women were killed and 50 others affected, 12 of them seriously, when gas leaked from a cyclinder in a welding workshop in West Bengal's Burdwan district on Tuesday.
The incident happened in Asansol under Gopalpur police station when ammunium sulphate gas leaked from the cylinder, Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissioner Vineet Goel said.
The deceased were identified as Satya Bala Das (80) and Ujjala Das (78).
Among those affected by the gas leak is a child. The poisonous gas spread to an area stretching to more than two kms, Goel said.
The district administration has ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list