Gas leak: Two women dead as poisonous gas leaks in West Bengal's Asansol
West Bengal: Two women were killed and 50 others affected, 12 of them seriously, when gas leaked from a cyclinder in a welding workshop in West Bengal's Burdwan district on Tuesday.
The incident happened in Asansol under Gopalpur police station when ammunium sulphate gas leaked from the cylinder, Asansol-Durgapur Police Commissioner Vineet Goel said.
The deceased were identified as Satya Bala Das (80) and Ujjala Das (78).
Among those affected by the gas leak is a child. The poisonous gas spread to an area stretching to more than two kms, Goel said.
The district administration has ordered a probe into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'