Gazette notification on Singur Bill
Kolkata: The gazette notification of the
Singur Bill, scrapping the previous Left Front government`s
deal with Tata Motors to return land to `unwilling` farmers,
was made on Tuesday.
The Singur Land Rehabilitation and Development Bill -
2011, passed by the West Bengal Assembly on June 14, received
Governor MK Narayanan`s assent yesterday.
Official sources said that a copy of the notification
would be pasted on the walls of the Tata Motors abandoned
project site at Singur shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB