Ghising a lonely man as Darjeeling accord signed
Sukna (WB): Subhas Ghising was on Monday a
lonely man at his rented house in Jalpaiguri district, far
from the venue of the tripartite agreement that replaced the
Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council he headed after its inception
23 years ago.
Ghising, the founder of the Gorkha National Liberation
Front and who had once ruled Darjeeling with an iron hand, did
not respond to reporters` queries about the Gorkha Territorial
Administration, the new hill council.
It was Bimal Gurung who took the wind out of the sails
of Ghising and drove him out of the hills in 1998 a year after
he floated the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha