Ghising a lonely man as Darjeeling accord signed
Sukna (WB): Subhas Ghising was on Monday a
lonely man at his rented house in Jalpaiguri district, far
from the venue of the tripartite agreement that replaced the
Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council he headed after its inception
23 years ago.
Ghising, the founder of the Gorkha National Liberation
Front and who had once ruled Darjeeling with an iron hand, did
not respond to reporters` queries about the Gorkha Territorial
Administration, the new hill council.
It was Bimal Gurung who took the wind out of the sails
of Ghising and drove him out of the hills in 1998 a year after
he floated the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional