Ghising a lonely man as Darjeeling accord signed
Sukna (WB): Subhas Ghising was on Monday a
lonely man at his rented house in Jalpaiguri district, far
from the venue of the tripartite agreement that replaced the
Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council he headed after its inception
23 years ago.
Ghising, the founder of the Gorkha National Liberation
Front and who had once ruled Darjeeling with an iron hand, did
not respond to reporters` queries about the Gorkha Territorial
Administration, the new hill council.
It was Bimal Gurung who took the wind out of the sails
of Ghising and drove him out of the hills in 1998 a year after
he floated the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan