Ghising a lonely man as Darjeeling accord signed
Sukna (WB): Subhas Ghising was on Monday a
lonely man at his rented house in Jalpaiguri district, far
from the venue of the tripartite agreement that replaced the
Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council he headed after its inception
23 years ago.
Ghising, the founder of the Gorkha National Liberation
Front and who had once ruled Darjeeling with an iron hand, did
not respond to reporters` queries about the Gorkha Territorial
Administration, the new hill council.
It was Bimal Gurung who took the wind out of the sails
of Ghising and drove him out of the hills in 1998 a year after
he floated the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez