GHMC polls: CPM announces nominees without any alliance
Hyderabad: The TDP and the Left, which had
an alliance for the last general elections in Andhra Pradesh,
now appeared to have snapped the tie for the Hyderabad civic
polls as the CPI(M) on Tuesday released its first list of nominees
without finalising any pact.
The Telugu Desam Party, CPI, CPI(M) and TRS had an
alliance for the general elections but the TDP already
announced that it would not like to have any alliance with the
Telangana party for the Greater Hyderabad Municipal
Corporation (GHMC) polls.
The CPI(M) announced the names of 15 candidates even as
no formal talks have been held so far among TDP, CPI and
CPI(M) for the civic body elections.
The CPI(M) candidates are: Leelavati (Moulali),
Chandrasekhar (Charlapalli), Rupa (Mansoorabad), Lateef
(Santosh Nagar), Lakshmamma (Uppuguda), Chennaiah (Jiaguda),
Kumar (Mehdipatnam), Manoj Singh (Dhoolpet), Mohan (Bagh
Amberpet), Gelwaiah (Bagh Lingampally), Padma (Musheerabad),
Dasarath (Kavadiguda), Md Hussain (Erragadda), C Chandrasekhar
Rao (Vengal Rao Nagar) and Sujata (Addagutta).
Election to the 150-ward GHMC will be held on November
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest