Ghulam Nabi Azad meets Mamata to discuss health projects
Kolkata: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Wednesday met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to discuss various health projects in the state.
Azad said they discussed setting up of a new medical college in the state, as well as a cancer hospital and a super-speciality hospital.
"It was a very good discussion. Once these projects start, Bengal would be benefited immensely," Azad told reporters after the meeting.
A new 200-bedded super-speciality block would be built at the Calcutta Medical College at an estimated cost of Rs 120 crore, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!