Girl attacked with acid on way to college
Hooghly (WB): A college girl`s hand was burnt after she was attacked with acid by four men at Arambagh in Hooghly district today, police said.
Superintendent of Police Sunil Chowdhury said the girl was attacked after she alighted from the bus on way to the Kalipur Netaji Mahavidyalaya where she was a BA 2nd year student.
Four men with their face covered came to her side in two motorbikes and threw acid towards the girl and fled.
The acid burnt the forearm of her right hand and she was admitted at the Arambagh Sub-division Hospital, Chowdhury said.
The SP said the reason behind the attack was not yet known and hunt was on to arrest the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister