Girl drugged, gangraped at TMC union office
Burdwan: A girl was allegedly gangraped by three students after being given a spiked drink during a birthday party held at the union office of the Trinamool Congress Chhatra Parishad at a college in Asansol, a senior police official said.
The alleged victim, a first year student of Nazrul Satabarsha Polytechnic College at Rupnarayanpur in Asansol, went to the birthday party on Wednesday evening with another girl, also a student. She was offered mango juice that was laced with drugs. After drinking it, she went into a daze, Durgapur-Asansol Assistant Commissioner of Police (West) Subrata Gangopadhay said.
According to the police complaint by the girl, she was allegedly gangraped and photographed with mobile phones by three students, Gangopadhay said.
After her ordeal, two of the students took her on a motorcycle and left her outside her home at Chittaranjan where they warned her father, an employee at the Chittaranjan Railway Hospital, against reporting the matter to the police. They even threatened him with circulating his daughter`s photographs if he did otherwise, Gangopadhay said.
The girl was admitted to the Chittaranjan Hospital by her father on Wednesday night. She has filed a complaint with the police, the ACP said.
A medical test was conducted on the girl, who also recorded her statement before a court at Durgapur.
The police were looking for four students, including the girl who accompanied the alleged victim to the party and a security guard, all of whom were absconding, he said.
The principal of the college, Rituparna Basu said that a committee, comprising four teachers, has been set up which was inquiring into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok