Girl jumps to death after father dies
Kolkata: A 20-year-old girl today jumped to death from the sixth floor of AMRI Hospital in Salt Lake area after hearing the news of her father`s demise, who was undergoing treatment for cancer in the same hospital.
The incident took place in the early hours this morning, shortly after 53-year-old Arup Chakraborty died after being admitted yesterday in a critical condition.
The girl`s mother fainted on hearing the news of her husband`s death and was given first aid.
The family and friends of the deceased were present at the hospital when the twin tragedies took place at around 4.35 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway