Girl jumps to death after father dies
Kolkata: A 20-year-old girl today jumped to death from the sixth floor of AMRI Hospital in Salt Lake area after hearing the news of her father`s demise, who was undergoing treatment for cancer in the same hospital.
The incident took place in the early hours this morning, shortly after 53-year-old Arup Chakraborty died after being admitted yesterday in a critical condition.
The girl`s mother fainted on hearing the news of her husband`s death and was given first aid.
The family and friends of the deceased were present at the hospital when the twin tragedies took place at around 4.35 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert