Girl jumps to death after father dies
Kolkata: A 20-year-old girl today jumped to death from the sixth floor of AMRI Hospital in Salt Lake area after hearing the news of her father`s demise, who was undergoing treatment for cancer in the same hospital.
The incident took place in the early hours this morning, shortly after 53-year-old Arup Chakraborty died after being admitted yesterday in a critical condition.
The girl`s mother fainted on hearing the news of her husband`s death and was given first aid.
The family and friends of the deceased were present at the hospital when the twin tragedies took place at around 4.35 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America