Girl jumps to death after father dies
Kolkata: A 20-year-old girl today jumped to death from the sixth floor of AMRI Hospital in Salt Lake area after hearing the news of her father`s demise, who was undergoing treatment for cancer in the same hospital.
The incident took place in the early hours this morning, shortly after 53-year-old Arup Chakraborty died after being admitted yesterday in a critical condition.
The girl`s mother fainted on hearing the news of her husband`s death and was given first aid.
The family and friends of the deceased were present at the hospital when the twin tragedies took place at around 4.35 AM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption