Girl made to drink urine at mother`s instance, claims warden
New Delhi: The hostel warden of Vishva Bharti University who allegedly forced a Class V girl to drink her own urine has claimed that she meted out the punishment at the instance of the student`s mother.
A report submitted by the HRD Ministry to the Prime Minister`s Office is learnt to have stated that the mother of the girl wanted the warden to punish her daughter to get rid of her habit of bedwetting.
The warden resorted to the punishment after the mother expressed concern over her daughter`s habit, the report is learnt to have stated.
However, sources said that the HRD Ministry has stated in the report that it was ascertaining the veracity of the claims made by the hostel warden.
The ministry is not taking the incident lightly, they said.
The HRD Ministry had submitted a report to the PMO yesterday.
The report is understood to have given a factual account of the incident that has triggered a public outcry and subsequent action initiated.
The hostel warden, who had allegedly forced the student to drink her own urine, has been arrested and placed under suspension.
The PMO had asked for a report from the HRD Ministry about the the incident which occurred in a school under the Visva-Bharati University, a central varsity whose chancellor is the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title