Girl made to drink urine at mother`s instance, claims warden
New Delhi: The hostel warden of Vishva Bharti University who allegedly forced a Class V girl to drink her own urine has claimed that she meted out the punishment at the instance of the student`s mother.
A report submitted by the HRD Ministry to the Prime Minister`s Office is learnt to have stated that the mother of the girl wanted the warden to punish her daughter to get rid of her habit of bedwetting.
The warden resorted to the punishment after the mother expressed concern over her daughter`s habit, the report is learnt to have stated.
However, sources said that the HRD Ministry has stated in the report that it was ascertaining the veracity of the claims made by the hostel warden.
The ministry is not taking the incident lightly, they said.
The HRD Ministry had submitted a report to the PMO yesterday.
The report is understood to have given a factual account of the incident that has triggered a public outcry and subsequent action initiated.
The hostel warden, who had allegedly forced the student to drink her own urine, has been arrested and placed under suspension.
The PMO had asked for a report from the HRD Ministry about the the incident which occurred in a school under the Visva-Bharati University, a central varsity whose chancellor is the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak