Girl sets herself on fire after alleged gangrape
Kolkata: A girl was admitted to the state run SSKM hospital with severe burn injuries on Wednesday, with her father alleging that she had been set on fire after being gangraped.
The 14-year-old girl, the daughter of a rickshaw-puller, was admitted with 65 per cent burns in a semi-conscious condition, hospital sources said.
The police said that the girl, a resident of Bhatar in South 24 Parganas district, set herself on fire at her home.
Local residents claimed that two boys and a man were watching a pornographic video on a mobile phone in a field and the girl who went there demanded that she be allowed to see it, but was refused and scolded.
Her father, however, in his FIR alleged that his daughter was gang-raped and set ablaze by the three, 12-year-old Bappa Mondal, 15-year-old Sudghanshu Sarakar and 20-year-old Chotu Naskar.
The three were taken into custody and were being interrogated, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police