Girl sets herself on fire after alleged gangrape
Kolkata: A girl was admitted to the state run SSKM hospital with severe burn injuries on Wednesday, with her father alleging that she had been set on fire after being gangraped.
The 14-year-old girl, the daughter of a rickshaw-puller, was admitted with 65 per cent burns in a semi-conscious condition, hospital sources said.
The police said that the girl, a resident of Bhatar in South 24 Parganas district, set herself on fire at her home.
Local residents claimed that two boys and a man were watching a pornographic video on a mobile phone in a field and the girl who went there demanded that she be allowed to see it, but was refused and scolded.
Her father, however, in his FIR alleged that his daughter was gang-raped and set ablaze by the three, 12-year-old Bappa Mondal, 15-year-old Sudghanshu Sarakar and 20-year-old Chotu Naskar.
The three were taken into custody and were being interrogated, police sources said.
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi