Girl sets herself on fire after alleged gangrape
Kolkata: A girl was admitted to the state run SSKM hospital with severe burn injuries on Wednesday, with her father alleging that she had been set on fire after being gangraped.
The 14-year-old girl, the daughter of a rickshaw-puller, was admitted with 65 per cent burns in a semi-conscious condition, hospital sources said.
The police said that the girl, a resident of Bhatar in South 24 Parganas district, set herself on fire at her home.
Local residents claimed that two boys and a man were watching a pornographic video on a mobile phone in a field and the girl who went there demanded that she be allowed to see it, but was refused and scolded.
Her father, however, in his FIR alleged that his daughter was gang-raped and set ablaze by the three, 12-year-old Bappa Mondal, 15-year-old Sudghanshu Sarakar and 20-year-old Chotu Naskar.
The three were taken into custody and were being interrogated, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read