Girl sets herself on fire after alleged gangrape
Kolkata: A girl was admitted to the state run SSKM hospital with severe burn injuries on Wednesday, with her father alleging that she had been set on fire after being gangraped.
The 14-year-old girl, the daughter of a rickshaw-puller, was admitted with 65 per cent burns in a semi-conscious condition, hospital sources said.
The police said that the girl, a resident of Bhatar in South 24 Parganas district, set herself on fire at her home.
Local residents claimed that two boys and a man were watching a pornographic video on a mobile phone in a field and the girl who went there demanded that she be allowed to see it, but was refused and scolded.
Her father, however, in his FIR alleged that his daughter was gang-raped and set ablaze by the three, 12-year-old Bappa Mondal, 15-year-old Sudghanshu Sarakar and 20-year-old Chotu Naskar.
The three were taken into custody and were being interrogated, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?