Girl student of Jadavpur University dragged, molested in boys hostel in West Bengal
Kolkata: Days after a sexual harassment case was reported from renowned Visva Bharati University, another case of molestation of a second year History (Hons) student of prestigious Jadavpur University in West Bengal has hit the headlines.
Media reports on Tuesday said that a girl student of the Jadavpur University has alleged that as many as ten male students dragged her into the boys hostel and molested her.
The shameful incident occurred on August 28 evening during a festival organised by the college.
Reports said that the male students were enrolled in the Arts faculty.
Post the horrific ordeal, the alleged victim informed the college authorities and filed a police complaint, following which the officials have begun the investigations. However, no arrests have been made so far.
The police is probing the case under section 354.
The latest incident comes just days after a female student of Visva Bharati University complained of sexual harassment.
The fine arts student of the university's Kala Bhavan was allegedly sexually assaulted by her classmates. She also alleged that they recorded some obscene pictures with their mobile phones and threatened to blackmail with those.
The traumatised student had to be admitted to a local hospital and was later released.
The victim's father accused a university official of offering him money to hush up the matter and not to approach the police.
A West Bengal court on Sunday sent three Visva Bharati University students, arrested for alleged sexual harassment of the female student to three days' police custody.
Accused of sexually assaulting the fine arts student and blackmailing her, the trio was arrested on Saturday and booked for criminal intimidation and outraging the modesty of a woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31