Girls go missing, locals attack cops
Barrackpore: Agitated over the disappearance of six school girls, locals attacked a police team with stones, leaving four of them injured in North 24 Parganas district.
The group of six girls studying in Jagatdal`s Lalita Devi High School were returning home after classes on Tuesday evening when they went missing, police said.
Upset over the incident, locals attacked a police team with stones leaving four policemen injured and two vehicles damaged.
Police said they are investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption