Girls go missing, locals attack cops
Barrackpore: Agitated over the disappearance of six school girls, locals attacked a police team with stones, leaving four of them injured in North 24 Parganas district.
The group of six girls studying in Jagatdal`s Lalita Devi High School were returning home after classes on Tuesday evening when they went missing, police said.
Upset over the incident, locals attacked a police team with stones leaving four policemen injured and two vehicles damaged.
Police said they are investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why