Girls go missing, locals attack cops
Barrackpore: Agitated over the disappearance of six school girls, locals attacked a police team with stones, leaving four of them injured in North 24 Parganas district.
The group of six girls studying in Jagatdal`s Lalita Devi High School were returning home after classes on Tuesday evening when they went missing, police said.
Upset over the incident, locals attacked a police team with stones leaving four policemen injured and two vehicles damaged.
Police said they are investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing