GJM, ABGL leaders join Trinamool in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Two leaders of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and Akhil Bharatya Gorkha League along with their supporters on Sunday joined the Trinamool Congress which also held a public meeting at Darjeeling hills.
Former ABGL leader Monoj Dewan and GJM trade union wing leader J B Tamang today joined Trinoomul Congress in presence of North Bengal Development Minister Goutam Deb.
Tamang said he would continue to work for the development of the Hills and he was "not opposed to the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration."
Dewan said more workers of the ABGL would join the Trinamool Congress.
In his address, Deb said, "We are very happy to have these new friends among us. We hope others will come to the Trinamool Congress fold soon."
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would come when a big meeting will be held here, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured