GJM, ABGL leaders join Trinamool in Darjeeling
Darjeeling: Two leaders of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha and Akhil Bharatya Gorkha League along with their supporters on Sunday joined the Trinamool Congress which also held a public meeting at Darjeeling hills.
Former ABGL leader Monoj Dewan and GJM trade union wing leader J B Tamang today joined Trinoomul Congress in presence of North Bengal Development Minister Goutam Deb.
Tamang said he would continue to work for the development of the Hills and he was "not opposed to the Gorkhaland Territorial Administration."
Dewan said more workers of the ABGL would join the Trinamool Congress.
In his address, Deb said, "We are very happy to have these new friends among us. We hope others will come to the Trinamool Congress fold soon."
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee would come when a big meeting will be held here, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- AAP woman worker's suicide:BJP demands FIR against AAP leaders
- No concrete evidence about missing AN-32 plane: Parrikar
- UNindian: Brett Lee movie runs into trouble with censor board demanding tone down version of love scene
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan gets bail