GJM calls for 72-hour bandh in Darjeeling hills from July 29
Darjeeling: The Gorka Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday called for a 72-hour bandh in the Darjeeling hills from July 29.
GJM chief Bimal Gurung addressing a party gathering at Kalimpong announced the 72-hour bandh in the Darjeeling hills from July 29.
Gurung asked the youths and other people in the hills to get ready for a prolonged agitation in the hills for Gorkhaland. He also asked the people in the hills to stock up foodgrains and other essential items to face more bandhs in future for the Gorkhaland agitation.
The GJM has called for the bandh in the Darjeeling hills as the top Congress leadership appears to have veered towards creation of Telangana.
The GJM chief also demanded that all the police cases lodged against GJM activists and supporters during their agitation for Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) be withdrawn.
On demands by some party activists that he should resign from the post of the Chief Executive of the GTA, Gurung said a decision in this matter would be taken up by the party within a few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi