GJM calls for 72-hour bandh in Darjeeling hills from July 29
Darjeeling: The Gorka Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday called for a 72-hour bandh in the Darjeeling hills from July 29.
GJM chief Bimal Gurung addressing a party gathering at Kalimpong announced the 72-hour bandh in the Darjeeling hills from July 29.
Gurung asked the youths and other people in the hills to get ready for a prolonged agitation in the hills for Gorkhaland. He also asked the people in the hills to stock up foodgrains and other essential items to face more bandhs in future for the Gorkhaland agitation.
The GJM has called for the bandh in the Darjeeling hills as the top Congress leadership appears to have veered towards creation of Telangana.
The GJM chief also demanded that all the police cases lodged against GJM activists and supporters during their agitation for Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) be withdrawn.
On demands by some party activists that he should resign from the post of the Chief Executive of the GTA, Gurung said a decision in this matter would be taken up by the party within a few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown