GJM calls for 72-hour bandh in Darjeeling hills from July 29
Darjeeling: The Gorka Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday called for a 72-hour bandh in the Darjeeling hills from July 29.
GJM chief Bimal Gurung addressing a party gathering at Kalimpong announced the 72-hour bandh in the Darjeeling hills from July 29.
Gurung asked the youths and other people in the hills to get ready for a prolonged agitation in the hills for Gorkhaland. He also asked the people in the hills to stock up foodgrains and other essential items to face more bandhs in future for the Gorkhaland agitation.
The GJM has called for the bandh in the Darjeeling hills as the top Congress leadership appears to have veered towards creation of Telangana.
The GJM chief also demanded that all the police cases lodged against GJM activists and supporters during their agitation for Gorkhaland Territorial Administration (GTA) be withdrawn.
On demands by some party activists that he should resign from the post of the Chief Executive of the GTA, Gurung said a decision in this matter would be taken up by the party within a few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened