GJM calls for series of strikes in Darjeeling in March
Kurseong (West Bengal): Renewing their call for a separate Gorkhaland state, the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Sunday called for a series of strikes in Darjeeling district next month and advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days.
GJM president Bimal Gurung called for four days of strikes in the three sub-divisions of Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong on March 14-15 and 21-22.
He also threatened to close all government offices in the region from March 9-27.
"We are doing this to renew our struggle for Gorkhaland and strengthen our demands," Gurung told a rally here.
He also advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days to avoid any inconvenience.
"We can`t help if they come during that time. But if they come before or after the bandh days, we will take care of them," Gurung said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened