GJM calls for series of strikes in Darjeeling in March
Kurseong (West Bengal): Renewing their call for a separate Gorkhaland state, the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Sunday called for a series of strikes in Darjeeling district next month and advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days.
GJM president Bimal Gurung called for four days of strikes in the three sub-divisions of Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong on March 14-15 and 21-22.
He also threatened to close all government offices in the region from March 9-27.
"We are doing this to renew our struggle for Gorkhaland and strengthen our demands," Gurung told a rally here.
He also advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days to avoid any inconvenience.
"We can`t help if they come during that time. But if they come before or after the bandh days, we will take care of them," Gurung said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr