GJM calls for series of strikes in Darjeeling in March
Kurseong (West Bengal): Renewing their call for a separate Gorkhaland state, the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Sunday called for a series of strikes in Darjeeling district next month and advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days.
GJM president Bimal Gurung called for four days of strikes in the three sub-divisions of Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong on March 14-15 and 21-22.
He also threatened to close all government offices in the region from March 9-27.
"We are doing this to renew our struggle for Gorkhaland and strengthen our demands," Gurung told a rally here.
He also advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days to avoid any inconvenience.
"We can`t help if they come during that time. But if they come before or after the bandh days, we will take care of them," Gurung said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak