GJM calls for series of strikes in Darjeeling in March
Kurseong (West Bengal): Renewing their call for a separate Gorkhaland state, the Gorkha Janamukti Morcha on Sunday called for a series of strikes in Darjeeling district next month and advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days.
GJM president Bimal Gurung called for four days of strikes in the three sub-divisions of Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong on March 14-15 and 21-22.
He also threatened to close all government offices in the region from March 9-27.
"We are doing this to renew our struggle for Gorkhaland and strengthen our demands," Gurung told a rally here.
He also advised tourists not to visit the hill stations during the bandh days to avoid any inconvenience.
"We can`t help if they come during that time. But if they come before or after the bandh days, we will take care of them," Gurung said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!