GJM dismissive of Trinamool floating unit in Darje
Darjeeling: With the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal floating a unit in the Darjeeling hills, Gorkha Janmukti Morcha leader Harkabadur Chhetri said on Wednesday that it would not affect the prospects of his party in the hills.
"Rather, it will hit the ruling party hard," Chhetri, the GJM spokesperson said cautioning the Trinamool Congress that those who had joined the party would prove to be a liability for it in the long run.
"They are political renegades. The ruling party will not become stronger by inducting turncoats," Chhetri said about the joining of 1000 political members, including three former GNLF councillors and AIGL and GJM leaders in the Trinamool Congress on June 11 in the presence of North Bengal Development Minister Goutam Deb.
"However, everyone has a right to join any political party in a functioning democracy," he added.
On the Shyamal Sen committee report, he said that his party has already rejected it and his party would meet Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on June 16 in Kolkata on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron