GJM fields Tamang murder accused for GTA poll
Darjeeling: Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GTA) has announced the name of an accused in the killing of ABGL leader Madan Tamang as a candidate for the ensuing Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) poll.
The name of Dipen Malley, accused in the murder of the Akhil Bharatiya Gorkha League (ABGL) President Madan Tamang, was announced by GJM chief Bimal Gurung here yesterday.
Malley, a leader of the GJM`s youth wing, is currently in judicial custody.
Tamang was killed on May 21, 2010 in Darjeeling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials