GJM fields Tamang murder accused for GTA poll
Darjeeling: Gorkha Janamukti Morcha (GTA) has announced the name of an accused in the killing of ABGL leader Madan Tamang as a candidate for the ensuing Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA) poll.
The name of Dipen Malley, accused in the murder of the Akhil Bharatiya Gorkha League (ABGL) President Madan Tamang, was announced by GJM chief Bimal Gurung here yesterday.
Malley, a leader of the GJM`s youth wing, is currently in judicial custody.
Tamang was killed on May 21, 2010 in Darjeeling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional