GJM files defamation suit against AIGL chief Madan Tamang
Siliguri, WB: Gorkha Janmukti Morcha has filed Rs five crore defamation suit against All-India Gorkha League chief Madan Tamang for accusing its leadership of
misappropriating funds meant for the Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council (DGHC).
The defamation suit was filed at the Court of Senior Civil Judge in Darjeeling yesterday, GJM general secretary Roshan Giri said Wednesday.
Tamang had alleged in a press meet at Siliguri on April 26 that the GJM leadership had misappropriated Rs 1,200 crore meant for DGHC in the last two years.
The issue was first raised by DGHC administrator B L Meena who in a press conference at Pintal village, near here, on April 25 alleged that only 30 to 35 per cent of the Rs
1,200 crore had been spent and he had no idea about the remainder, though documents for total expenditure were maintained as per rules.
He indirectly raised his finger at the GJM, saying "you all know the situation in the hills and how everything is being controlled by the morcha."
The very next day, Tamang repeated the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off