GJM files defamation suit against AIGL chief Madan Tamang
Siliguri, WB: Gorkha Janmukti Morcha has filed Rs five crore defamation suit against All-India Gorkha League chief Madan Tamang for accusing its leadership of
misappropriating funds meant for the Darjeeling Gorkha Hill Council (DGHC).
The defamation suit was filed at the Court of Senior Civil Judge in Darjeeling yesterday, GJM general secretary Roshan Giri said Wednesday.
Tamang had alleged in a press meet at Siliguri on April 26 that the GJM leadership had misappropriated Rs 1,200 crore meant for DGHC in the last two years.
The issue was first raised by DGHC administrator B L Meena who in a press conference at Pintal village, near here, on April 25 alleged that only 30 to 35 per cent of the Rs
1,200 crore had been spent and he had no idea about the remainder, though documents for total expenditure were maintained as per rules.
He indirectly raised his finger at the GJM, saying "you all know the situation in the hills and how everything is being controlled by the morcha."
The very next day, Tamang repeated the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read