GJM holds rallies demanding Gorkhaland
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Sunday held rallies in three hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling district demanding a separate state of Gorkhaland.
The rallies were held in Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong sub-divisions. However, no top level leaders were seen in the three rallies.
The GJM`s demand for Gorkhaland resurfaced after both Houses of Parliament passed the Telangana bill for creation of a separate state of Telangana carved out of Andhra Pradesh.
A GJM team is going to New Delhi soon to meet the President, Prime Minister, Leaders of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and other major central leaders to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, party sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?