GJM holds rallies demanding Gorkhaland
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Sunday held rallies in three hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling district demanding a separate state of Gorkhaland.
The rallies were held in Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong sub-divisions. However, no top level leaders were seen in the three rallies.
The GJM`s demand for Gorkhaland resurfaced after both Houses of Parliament passed the Telangana bill for creation of a separate state of Telangana carved out of Andhra Pradesh.
A GJM team is going to New Delhi soon to meet the President, Prime Minister, Leaders of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and other major central leaders to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, party sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video