GJM holds rallies demanding Gorkhaland
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Sunday held rallies in three hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling district demanding a separate state of Gorkhaland.
The rallies were held in Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong sub-divisions. However, no top level leaders were seen in the three rallies.
The GJM`s demand for Gorkhaland resurfaced after both Houses of Parliament passed the Telangana bill for creation of a separate state of Telangana carved out of Andhra Pradesh.
A GJM team is going to New Delhi soon to meet the President, Prime Minister, Leaders of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and other major central leaders to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, party sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test