GJM holds rallies demanding Gorkhaland
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Sunday held rallies in three hill sub-divisions of Darjeeling district demanding a separate state of Gorkhaland.
The rallies were held in Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong sub-divisions. However, no top level leaders were seen in the three rallies.
The GJM`s demand for Gorkhaland resurfaced after both Houses of Parliament passed the Telangana bill for creation of a separate state of Telangana carved out of Andhra Pradesh.
A GJM team is going to New Delhi soon to meet the President, Prime Minister, Leaders of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and other major central leaders to press for their demand of Gorkhaland, party sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere