GJM hopeful about accord on interim set-up at Sept talks
Siliguri: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha today
said it is expecting agreement on an interim Darjeeling Gorkha
Hill Council at the next round of tripartite talks slated for
September 30, but the movement for its territorial
jurisdiction would continue.
The proposed interim set-up with more autonomy and power
is an alternative to the existing DGHC, but not a solution to
the GJM`s demand for a separate state, GJM press and publicity
chief Harka Bahadur Chhetri told reporters here.
The movement for territorial jurisdiction of the interim
set-up would continue simultaneously, he said.
The DGHC runs the administration in the three hill
subdivisions of Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong. The GJM
has demanded the inclusion of the Siliguri subdivision on the
plains and adjacent areas in neighbouring Jalpaiguri district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur