GJM insincere in its efforts for Gorkhaland: GJAC constituent
Darjeeling: A member group of Gorkhaland Joint Action Committee (GJAC), which is spearheading the agitation for the separate state of Gorkhaland, on Saturday criticised the body`s major constituent Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) for being "insincere" in its efforts.
Communist Party of Revolutionary Marxist (CPRM) spokesperson Govind Chettri alleged that the GJM was not "sincere" about the demand for Gorkhaland as it was unwilling to quit the Gorkha Territorial Administration (GTA).
"There is no question of hold GJAC meeting today as it would serve no purpose, given the GJM dithering on the issue of statehood. They are more interested to run the GTA rather than fight all out for Gorkhaland," Chettri said.
He further said the GJM was hoodwinking the Hill people by its "melodrama".
"Such trickery would neither befool the people nor advance the cause by an inch. Besides, they are using the GJAC to their selfish advantages. The decisions taken here unanimously are being trampled upon, reducing the GJAC to a theatre of the absurd," the CPRM leader said.
A GJM source said the three party MLAs of Darjeeling hills will seek an appointment with chief minister Mamata Banerjee during her Darjeeling visits on October 24 but whole thing will be discussed with party chief Bimal Gurung before seeking the appointment.
Rohit Sharma, GJM-supported MLA of Kurseong, told reporters here: "that we will meet the chief minister during her visit in Kurseong or Darjeeling as protocol demands."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP