GJM MLAs to sit in Opposition bench in WB Assembly
Darjeeling (WB): The three MLAs of Gorkha Janamukti Morcha, which is demanding separate Gorkhaland state in Darjeeling hills, have decided to sit in the Opposition bench in West Bengal Assembly, party sources said on Sunday.
GJM MLAs -- Harka Bahadur Chettri, Rohit Sharma and Trilok Dewan, who represent Kalimpong, Kurseong and Darjeeling Assembly seats respectively -- have decided to sit in the Opposition instead of the treasury bench, sources said here.
GJM supported BJP candidate S S Ahluwalia in the recently- held Lok Sabha polls from Darjeeling constituency. Ahluwalia won the election after defeating Trinamool Congress candidate footballer Bhaichung Bhutia.
Three GJM MLAs supported Trinamool Congress-led West Bengal government after 2011 Assembly polls.
Chettri, who is also GJM spokesperson, will soon seek permission from the Speaker of the Assembly to sit on the Opposition bench, GJM leaders said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future