GJM not to support TMC for the Darjeeling LS seat
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) which has announced that it would not support the Trinamool Congress candidate for the Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat on Saturday said it would talk to all national parties before deciding its stand.
GJM president Bimal Gurung said in a Facebook post that he would leave for Delhi with party central committee members Binay Tamang, Anit Thapa and Raju Pradhan to talk to all national leaders and parties.
Gurung claimed that GJM`s support would be the deciding factory not only in the Darjeeling parliamentary seat, but also in the Jalpaiguri and Alipurduar Lok Sabha seats.
In the 2009 Lok Sabha polls the GJM had supported senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh for the Darjeeling seat, who had won with a handsome margin.
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee while declaring candidates for the 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal had announced that footballer Bhaichung Bhutia would be the party candidate for the Darjeeling seat.
On March 6, GJM general secretary Roshan Giri had said that his party would not support Bhutia and would take a stand on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday