GJM not to support TMC for the Darjeeling LS seat
Darjeeling: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) which has announced that it would not support the Trinamool Congress candidate for the Darjeeling Lok Sabha seat on Saturday said it would talk to all national parties before deciding its stand.
GJM president Bimal Gurung said in a Facebook post that he would leave for Delhi with party central committee members Binay Tamang, Anit Thapa and Raju Pradhan to talk to all national leaders and parties.
Gurung claimed that GJM`s support would be the deciding factory not only in the Darjeeling parliamentary seat, but also in the Jalpaiguri and Alipurduar Lok Sabha seats.
In the 2009 Lok Sabha polls the GJM had supported senior BJP leader Jaswant Singh for the Darjeeling seat, who had won with a handsome margin.
Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee while declaring candidates for the 42 Lok Sabha seats in West Bengal had announced that footballer Bhaichung Bhutia would be the party candidate for the Darjeeling seat.
On March 6, GJM general secretary Roshan Giri had said that his party would not support Bhutia and would take a stand on its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets