GJM praises Mamata govt, prepared to give more time
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Saturday praised the one year of Mamata Banerjee government and said it was prepared to give more time to it in resolving the Darjeeling crisis.
"We appreciate that the state government is trying to resolve the Darjeeling crisis. It is a matter of time and we will give them time," GJM spokesperson Harkabahadur Chhetri said after meeting the Chief Minister at the Secretariat.
"It appears that most of the problems will be resolved with the autonomy promised to us," Chhetri said.
To a question, he said it would be not be right to expect that all expectations would be fulfilled in a year.
"It was only monologue and not dialogue in the previous regime which had no real intention to resolve our issues. We were able to express our problems fully to the new government, which we could not during Front rule," Chhetri, a GJM central committee member said.
Stating that the budgetary allocation for Darjeeling hills had been raised to nearly 55 crore, he said "We want more funds for proper development of the hills."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!
- UEFA Euro 2016, quarterfinal: Poland vs Portugal - Preview
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet all set to clear final recommendations on salary hike today
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside