GJM praises Mamata govt, prepared to give more time
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Saturday praised the one year of Mamata Banerjee government and said it was prepared to give more time to it in resolving the Darjeeling crisis.
"We appreciate that the state government is trying to resolve the Darjeeling crisis. It is a matter of time and we will give them time," GJM spokesperson Harkabahadur Chhetri said after meeting the Chief Minister at the Secretariat.
"It appears that most of the problems will be resolved with the autonomy promised to us," Chhetri said.
To a question, he said it would be not be right to expect that all expectations would be fulfilled in a year.
"It was only monologue and not dialogue in the previous regime which had no real intention to resolve our issues. We were able to express our problems fully to the new government, which we could not during Front rule," Chhetri, a GJM central committee member said.
Stating that the budgetary allocation for Darjeeling hills had been raised to nearly 55 crore, he said "We want more funds for proper development of the hills."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur