GJM praises Mamata govt, prepared to give more time
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha on Saturday praised the one year of Mamata Banerjee government and said it was prepared to give more time to it in resolving the Darjeeling crisis.
"We appreciate that the state government is trying to resolve the Darjeeling crisis. It is a matter of time and we will give them time," GJM spokesperson Harkabahadur Chhetri said after meeting the Chief Minister at the Secretariat.
"It appears that most of the problems will be resolved with the autonomy promised to us," Chhetri said.
To a question, he said it would be not be right to expect that all expectations would be fulfilled in a year.
"It was only monologue and not dialogue in the previous regime which had no real intention to resolve our issues. We were able to express our problems fully to the new government, which we could not during Front rule," Chhetri, a GJM central committee member said.
Stating that the budgetary allocation for Darjeeling hills had been raised to nearly 55 crore, he said "We want more funds for proper development of the hills."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption