GJM to hold rallies in support of Gorkhaland on Sunday
Darjeeling: With both the Houses of Parliament passing the Telengana bill, the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday announced that it will hold rallies in three sub-divisions of Darjeeling district tomorrow as part of its agitation to demand a separate state of Gorkhaland.
The GJM will hold rallies and public meetings at Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong tomorrow as part of its exercise to take forward the demand of Gorkhaland to the Centre, GJM sources said today.
A GJM team will also go to New Delhi next week to meet the President, Prime Minister, Leaders of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and other important leaders to press for the demand of Gorkhaland, party sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet