GJM to hold rallies in support of Gorkhaland on Sunday
Darjeeling: With both the Houses of Parliament passing the Telengana bill, the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday announced that it will hold rallies in three sub-divisions of Darjeeling district tomorrow as part of its agitation to demand a separate state of Gorkhaland.
The GJM will hold rallies and public meetings at Darjeeling, Kurseong and Kalimpong tomorrow as part of its exercise to take forward the demand of Gorkhaland to the Centre, GJM sources said today.
A GJM team will also go to New Delhi next week to meet the President, Prime Minister, Leaders of the Opposition in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha and other important leaders to press for the demand of Gorkhaland, party sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended