GJM to stand by Mamata’s decision on Prez polls
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Thursday said it will support whatever decision taken by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the presidential election.
"We have not given any thought about the presidential election as yet. But whatever decision the government of West Bengal will take, we will concur with it," GJM president Bimal Gurung told reporters after a meeting Banerjee, who is also the Trinamool Congress chief.
The GJM has three legislators and an independent MLA backed by it.
BJP leader Jaswant Singh who is a Lok Sabha member from Darjeeling was backed by GJM in the 2009 parliamentary polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what