GJM to stand by Mamata’s decision on Prez polls
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Thursday said it will support whatever decision taken by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the presidential election.
"We have not given any thought about the presidential election as yet. But whatever decision the government of West Bengal will take, we will concur with it," GJM president Bimal Gurung told reporters after a meeting Banerjee, who is also the Trinamool Congress chief.
The GJM has three legislators and an independent MLA backed by it.
BJP leader Jaswant Singh who is a Lok Sabha member from Darjeeling was backed by GJM in the 2009 parliamentary polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman