GJM to stand by Mamata’s decision on Prez polls
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Thursday said it will support whatever decision taken by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the presidential election.
"We have not given any thought about the presidential election as yet. But whatever decision the government of West Bengal will take, we will concur with it," GJM president Bimal Gurung told reporters after a meeting Banerjee, who is also the Trinamool Congress chief.
The GJM has three legislators and an independent MLA backed by it.
BJP leader Jaswant Singh who is a Lok Sabha member from Darjeeling was backed by GJM in the 2009 parliamentary polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged