GJM to stand by Mamata’s decision on Prez polls
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Thursday said it will support whatever decision taken by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the presidential election.
"We have not given any thought about the presidential election as yet. But whatever decision the government of West Bengal will take, we will concur with it," GJM president Bimal Gurung told reporters after a meeting Banerjee, who is also the Trinamool Congress chief.
The GJM has three legislators and an independent MLA backed by it.
BJP leader Jaswant Singh who is a Lok Sabha member from Darjeeling was backed by GJM in the 2009 parliamentary polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says