GJM to stand by Mamata’s decision on Prez polls
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Thursday said it will support whatever decision taken by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the presidential election.
"We have not given any thought about the presidential election as yet. But whatever decision the government of West Bengal will take, we will concur with it," GJM president Bimal Gurung told reporters after a meeting Banerjee, who is also the Trinamool Congress chief.
The GJM has three legislators and an independent MLA backed by it.
BJP leader Jaswant Singh who is a Lok Sabha member from Darjeeling was backed by GJM in the 2009 parliamentary polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars