GJM wants demarcation of territory
Siliguri: Gorkha Janamukti Morcha has made
it clear at the last official level tripartite talks in Delhi
that discussion on any point other than demarcation of
territory was only a "waste of time", the party`s Press and
Publicity chief Harka Bahadur Chhetri said today.
Chhetri, who was a member of the delegation led by
Roshan Giri, told PTI that West Bengal Home Secretary Ardhendu
Sen was made to understand GJM`s stand on territory.
GJM chief Bimal Gurung in a revised proposal had
agreed to an interim arrangement in the Hills till December
31, 2011 subject to acceptance of its territorial map.
The territorial map was revised by deleting some areas
of Terai and Dooars in the plains where Gorkhas numbered less
"to make it logical and acceptable," Chhetri said.
He, however, said "we want each and every inch of
Darjeeling district, including Siliguri."
Stating that the talks were "cordial and positive", he
said there was a possibility of one or two more official level
talks before political level talks were held in mid-April.
In reply to a question, Chhetri said the propaganda of
GJM`s declining support in the Hills after Bimal Gurung`s
"secret proposal" to settle for less than Gorkhaland was
"There is nothing secret about the proposal now. We
have made the things clear to the hill people. They are with
us and ready for any sacrifice at any hour," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate