GJM wins Darjeeling constituency by record margin
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
candidate in Darjeeling constituency won by a record margin of
1,06,555 votes while CPI-M candidate in Mangolkote in Burdwan
district defeated his nearest rival by just 126 votes in the
West Bengal Assembly Election.
GJM`s Trilok Kumar Dewan defeated GNLF candidate by a
record margin of 1,06,555 votes. While Dewan got 1,20,532
votes, 55.29 per cent of the total electorate, his nearest
rival Bim Subba of GNLF received 13,977 votes which makes up
only 6.4 of the total number of voters.
Meanwhile, CPI-M candidate Sahajahan Chowdhury in
Managolkote Assembly constituency in Burdwan district defeated
his nearest rival Apurba Chaudhry of Trinamool Congress by
just 126 votes.
Chowdhury was aided by the BJP candidate who ate into
the anti-Left votes, getting 7,224 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site