GJM wins Darjeeling constituency by record margin
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
candidate in Darjeeling constituency won by a record margin of
1,06,555 votes while CPI-M candidate in Mangolkote in Burdwan
district defeated his nearest rival by just 126 votes in the
West Bengal Assembly Election.
GJM`s Trilok Kumar Dewan defeated GNLF candidate by a
record margin of 1,06,555 votes. While Dewan got 1,20,532
votes, 55.29 per cent of the total electorate, his nearest
rival Bim Subba of GNLF received 13,977 votes which makes up
only 6.4 of the total number of voters.
Meanwhile, CPI-M candidate Sahajahan Chowdhury in
Managolkote Assembly constituency in Burdwan district defeated
his nearest rival Apurba Chaudhry of Trinamool Congress by
just 126 votes.
Chowdhury was aided by the BJP candidate who ate into
the anti-Left votes, getting 7,224 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you