GJM wins Darjeeling constituency by record margin
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
candidate in Darjeeling constituency won by a record margin of
1,06,555 votes while CPI-M candidate in Mangolkote in Burdwan
district defeated his nearest rival by just 126 votes in the
West Bengal Assembly Election.
GJM`s Trilok Kumar Dewan defeated GNLF candidate by a
record margin of 1,06,555 votes. While Dewan got 1,20,532
votes, 55.29 per cent of the total electorate, his nearest
rival Bim Subba of GNLF received 13,977 votes which makes up
only 6.4 of the total number of voters.
Meanwhile, CPI-M candidate Sahajahan Chowdhury in
Managolkote Assembly constituency in Burdwan district defeated
his nearest rival Apurba Chaudhry of Trinamool Congress by
just 126 votes.
Chowdhury was aided by the BJP candidate who ate into
the anti-Left votes, getting 7,224 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH