GJM wins Darjeeling constituency by record margin
Kolkata: The Gorkha Janmukti Morcha
candidate in Darjeeling constituency won by a record margin of
1,06,555 votes while CPI-M candidate in Mangolkote in Burdwan
district defeated his nearest rival by just 126 votes in the
West Bengal Assembly Election.
GJM`s Trilok Kumar Dewan defeated GNLF candidate by a
record margin of 1,06,555 votes. While Dewan got 1,20,532
votes, 55.29 per cent of the total electorate, his nearest
rival Bim Subba of GNLF received 13,977 votes which makes up
only 6.4 of the total number of voters.
Meanwhile, CPI-M candidate Sahajahan Chowdhury in
Managolkote Assembly constituency in Burdwan district defeated
his nearest rival Apurba Chaudhry of Trinamool Congress by
just 126 votes.
Chowdhury was aided by the BJP candidate who ate into
the anti-Left votes, getting 7,224 votes.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- After Latur, now 'water train' for drought-hit Bundelkhand
- India's services sector growth softens in April
- Azam Khan dares Yogi Adityanath: `Prove your masculinity by getting married`
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15
- BJP slams UP CM Akhilesh Yadav over hunger death in Bundelkhand